do you ever get discouraged about losing weight/getting in shape if you got stretch marks

i feel this way sometimes because no matter what my stomach is ruined from those damn marks i got tortured, sure i gained 50lbs but my mom gained 18lbs with me and she got a ton too so i guess its in the genes :( i mean yea i know i can get skinny again but i just feel like theres no sense because im never going to wear a binkini ever again, im not fat just a lil pudge but still UGH its so irritating idk what to do about it because even if i lose the weight im still going to feel ugly

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:03 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i know how you feel I have them all on my belly and i feel like when i lose weight I get more and they are red and even more gross so i just dont even bother anymore bc i am like you I have had 2 kids and i know I am not gonna be getting in a itty bitty yellow poka dot binkini. so i just give up my SO doesnt complain about them or tell me i look fat or bad so I am confortable like this as long as he is happy with me, I dont care about how I look.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 10:08 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I understand what you're saying, and I have stretch marks and loose belly skin too. I have worked my butt off and lost a lot of weight and gotten in really good physical condition. Am I perfect? Of course not, but I look and FEEL about a zillion times better with the extra weight gone and my muscles strong and limber. Just because you can't achieve perfection shouldn't be reason to stop taking care of your body. Keep at it, and eventually you'll most likely learn to love your body anyway and accept it for what it is, stretch marks and all. I think this is especially true if you are a younger mom; I find that most women as they enter into their 30's become more accepting of their bodies and leave some of the hardcore criticism behind.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 11:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• oh yes
    LizLooking

Answer by LizLooking at 2:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I found that bare minerals make up is a great cover up for scars- you might want to try it- it has worked reduce the appearance of my stretch marks
    babycakes111

Answer by babycakes111 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have lost 140 pounds and I feel that I will never get into a bikini and it sucks lol....however I am happy with what I have accomplished so far.I run 5 times a week,plus strength training excersises...Im not perfect,but I feel so much better.
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I had those red stretchmarks most of you are talking about but then I tried a stretchmark removal cream from the web. Shute my husband through away the container and I don't remember the name. anyway, it helped to make the redness go away and lightened it up. The deep indentures the stretchmarks made is not as bad anymore. I used to gross out. Now, it's a little bearable, but not bikini ready that's for sure. i saw this friend of mine who had stretchmarks and she just went to the beach a lot (i live in hawaii) and that helped to diminish the lines. I wanted to try that, but i'm not as gutsy to show my stretchmarks and belly.
    I've just recently stumbled upon a great toning product. Is helping me to get rid of that ugly lumpy cellulite fat on my body. I felt like ggiovanni just 3 weeks ago and now I am feeling sexy again. It's making me feel more secure with my husband. I used to say weight didn't matter, it does.
    BodyWrapMama

Answer by BodyWrapMama at 11:07 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Dont let a thing like stretch marks keep you from losing weight! The lose skin and stretch marks are a very small thing compared to being healthy and having more energy that you will achieve by losing the extra poundage! I am 42 and I have post over 85 Lbs in less then a year and feel great! Do I have a perfect body? No,never will maybe never had the perfect body! But I have improved 110% from what I was! My body was even a worse mess I have had3 C-Sections and miss carried 2 different times so I know what you are talking about! I use a product called celluloss for the lose skin and cellulite and as for the bikini well I never could pull it off, but look quite good in a nice sexy one piecer!
    jodilara

Answer by jodilara at 9:45 AM on Sep. 22, 2009