How often do you clean your house?

I have seen this question several times and some women say that they clean (dust, sweep, mop and vacuum) every day. Well, my first question is WHY? Do you live with wild animals or something? Second question is, do you have OCD or something? I don't understand how someone's house gets so messy in 24 hours, every 24 hours that you have to sweep and mop every single day. I have to vacuum every couple days, but I have a black haired dog and she sheds like crazy. I only mop when it "needs" it. Not just because I feel the need to do it every day. Do you really believe that these people clean their house from top to bottom every single day or do you think they're exaggerating, because they're here on cafemom? Personally, I think it's an exaggeration, a stupid one. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It takes less than 5 min. to clean the bathroom

Well, then you aren't really cleaning. You are actually suggesting that you clean counters, toilets, scrub the shower/bathtub and sweep and mop the floors in five minutes? You must be The Flash!

I'm sorry, but I have to agree a bit. She did state that her house is clean. How can you compare someone not scrubbing your floors every day to a hoarder? I know I don't scrub my floors every day and my house is super clean and I dont dust every day either . . . probably every 3 days. I clean my sinks in my bathroom every day and clean my toilet most every day (we have hard water), but I only scrub my shower twice/three times a week and my house is very clean. Some germs are good. Also, multi-tasking? When I'm cleaning, especially bathrooms and mopping, I have to find something else to keep my daughter busy, because of the chemicals . . . so I'm not spending time with her.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I sweep my kitchen every day. I don't vaccum as often as I'd like because I don't want my 1 year old running around while I have the electrical cord in use and if he's sleeping I'll wake him up. I wash my kitchen floor once every week or two (sometimes longer! YUCK!) and I do laundry constantly.

I saw someone write that they had only one load of laundry left and then they were "done." I was thinking "really? You're laundry would be 'done'? Is that even a real thing?" My laundry is an endless stream and I my machine is always going!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:20 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well, I do get my laundry done, as in the hamper empty, but there is only 3 of us and I usually pick a day and wash everything (usually once a week and I don't work, so that saves a lot on laundry as I can wear my lounge clothes a few times before I wash them)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• LOL Maybe they are bored or maybe they do have OCD whatever the reason atleast there home is as clean as yours or cleaner (not to be mean just being truthful)
    Anonymous

• *there ARE only OOPS!
    Anonymous

• I don't clean my house top to bottom everyday ,but i do a little cleaning everyday dishes, load of laundry, take out trash,vacuum & sweep. My big cleaning is on Sundays after church. I have four kids & three kitties so if i didn't clean a little everyday it would get overwhelming dirty. The exception is on Saturday I do as little as possible cleaning wise. I find it easier to clean up as we go then on Sunday it won't take so long to clean.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 10:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have to clean my floors every day to every other day because I have an entire house of white marble floors and if you don't sweep and mop then the floors feel yucky. I definitely don't dust very often and I clean the countertops every other day... I like my house clean but I wouldn't say I'm OCD.

HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 10:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• There really isn't much difference between toddlers and wild animals. Although I have been "taming" mine to help me clean up his messes, which cuts the time I spend cleaning in half.
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 10:27 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I live in a small house with 2 teens, 4 dogs and my husband and myself. I dust every day because it needs done. I clean the bathroom every day (clean the toilet, the sink and the shower) because I hate a dirty bathroom. They aren't animals, I just like knowing that the toilet rim isn't nasty and that there's not makeup or toothpaste in the sink. I sweep and mop every day because we have 4 dogs and people who come in and out, some with their shoes on. I wash the counters in the kitchen every day because they get dirty. I change the sheets every morning and put new sheets on the bed because I am anal about it. I do laundry every morning and get it washed, dried, folded and put away by the time anyone comes home from work/school. It takes me MAYBE an hour to clean my house so really, itt's not that much of an inconvenience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I clean every day, basic upkeep like dishes and picking up, and other things if I notice it needs done. I deep clean once a week.

My laundry does get done for an entire week at a time - small family (just me and 2 school-age kids) and I don't do a load til there's actually enough for one.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009