do u have to be

do u have to be certified to homeschool?..if we stay in the school district that we r currently living i dont want to send my dd to the public school b/c of my family's last name..even though dd has her dads last name shes a spitting image of my family theres no dening whos her family...anyhoo here there is a socail class standard still and unfortuantly we fall in the low working class and teh teacher judge kids by who there family is and their last names...i dont want my dd judged and i cant afford private school..so how do i go about homeschooling her? and do i have to be certified?

rainmommy

Asked by rainmommy at 10:18 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i believe you can register your home as a "private school" or i believe that is how it is in arkansas. just look up homeschooling in your state. but you should have to register your daughter so you dont get in trouble for keeping her out of school. most have a deadline, so get on it or you'll have to send her this semester. good luck. i'll be homeschooling my kids, and am about to start some preschool stuff with my 3 year old.
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 10:22 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• check laws at

http://www.hslda.org
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• look into connectionsacademy.com

They are a public online school k-12 and they take all the hassle out of home schoolong. You get free books and supplies (you still need folders and paper and such) and a complete lesson plan that is written out and tells what you need to do every step of the way. Plus you can contact her teacher for any problems. We love it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well my typos aren't very good advertising for home schooling, are they? :)

I just wanted to add that you would sign her up just like at your regular public school, but there are deadlines to meet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It really depends on the state, but in all 50 states there is a legal way to homeschool, you just have to figure out the laws. The hslda web site is a really good place to start.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 2:48 AM on Sep. 22, 2009