Does your child have odd habits?

My son has a fascination with cutting strips of paper from a sheet of copy paper and playing with them. He is 8 and in second grade. He does this and ignores the toys he has.

Anyone else dealing with odd habits?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• yup, my oldest picks her finger nails till they bleed and my youngest picks at her scabs and bug bites so that they never heal. She has several on her face that have been there for months, band aids don't stay on well around a wet moving face.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 10:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My 6yo HAS to sleep with her head covered up. She's done it since she was old enough to figure out how to grab the blanket and pull it over her face (about 3 months old). People used to freak out when they say her asleep with her thread bare receiving blanket over her face. "OMG, aren't you afraid she will suffocate?" they would ask and then go to move the blanket. In which case I would yell for them to stop because if you moved the blanket she would immediately wake up and start screaming until she pulled the blanket back over her face.
    She also rubs everything against her upper lip. When she was a toddler her upper lip was raw from rubbing her blanket against it.
    Not really odd but she bites her nails. I haven't had to trim them in almost 5 years. Every week I do her toes and check her nails and not once in 5 years has she needed her finger nails trimmed.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 11:01 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• My son just turned 7 this past weekend and is also in 2nd grade. He is loves to cut up paper and play with it too. It can be a mess but he can play with it for hours. My son is a very imaginative boy and has many quirks.lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow i am so glad to find another mother whose kids do this.lol. my son is 7 and in second grade and he does this all the time. i just think , this is his creative outlet. i let him do it he since having so much fun
    clumm

Answer by clumm at 3:13 AM on Sep. 28, 2009