Swine Flu Vaccine and Pregnancy

So I'm traveling overseas and back this Oct-Nov and I'm wondering if I should get the swine flu vaccine considering that I am pregnant, I have done some research and I'm still undecided. I have noted that a lot of people did not want to receive the shot because of the thimerosal, but they are making the vaccine without thimerosal for pregnant woman and some children... Pregnant woman seem to really be taking a punch from swine flu so I am concerned about getting it, it appears as though the risk outweigh the cost of actually becoming ill with the flu. What are your thoughts? I'm curious who will be getting the vaccine and why and why not. I’m not posting for drama; I am genuinely concerned and curious.

HMHUTSON

Asked by HMHUTSON at 10:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This is something that you have to decide for yourself. I myself am not getting the vaccine, but I am not pregnant, so we are in different situations. Research it a bit more. If you still have questions, talk to your dr. Good luck!
    29again

Answer by 29again at 12:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Please google KATIE FLYTE. This woman died of swine flu while pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009