What would you think of SAHM who put her child in daycare?

Like for 2 days a week to get socialized with other kids his own age. He would be a year old.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• If they can afford it I don't see nothing wrong not to mention she is getting some quiet time as well but if it were me I would wait til the baby is alittle older to even recognize anyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• i would be 100% fine with it ,ive thought of doing it myself for one day a week for my DD to socialize and so i can get the in depth cleaning done and a little me time
    tammyjj

Answer by tammyjj at 10:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We all need a break. But if the reason you want to put him onto daycare is purely so he can have social interaction, I'd probably look into play groups rather then daycare. Play groups give both mommy and baby social time and you don't have to pay for them. I would also go more for the play group because then you are actually there so you know with out a doubt your child is getting the supervision he needs and is behaving in a manner that you approve of.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Well, when I first saw your question, I thought lazy, BUT when I read the rest of your question, I think it's fine. Especially if it's for that reason, to socialize the child and the fact that it's only 2 days a week makes a huge difference. She can get her big household chores done on those days, so when her child is home, they can spend more quality time. And since the chores won't take 2 entire days, she will also get some mommy sanity time. I think it's a great idea.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I tried it but my DS flipped out and I pulled him out. He is 17 months. I will probably hold off for a couple of years before trying again.
    fairyinabubble

Answer by fairyinabubble at 10:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• like bridget said ..my first thought was lazy too.... but for 2 days a week that would be fine...
    bonnie-jo

Answer by bonnie-jo at 10:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• LAZY,say what you want, you just want time to yourself,lol.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Even if you did it to get time for yourself for 2 days, so what. Some women are just jealous and will be hateful.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

It's only 2 days anon. On those days, she could do the shopping and run errands, schedule her doctors appts, do the major house cleaning . . . all things that children find less than entertaining. She will still be with her kid 5 days a week, not to mention all 7 nights. I think you're being a bit harsh. Every wednesday, I go to a friend's house for a couple hours to keep my sanity. I am a SAHM . . . do you think I'm lazy too? . . . because ya know, I do it to have time to myself.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• lol, me too at first i though LAZY !! lol. But i c ur point... =) good luck
    Bebe510

Answer by Bebe510 at 10:57 PM on Sep. 20, 2009