I believe my 15 year old son is addicted to porn?

We have been dealing with this since my son hit 14 i have walked in on him as well as my mom and my husband has as well as my daughter has also. all of us have walked in on my 15 year old son masturbating to porn on his laptop and on movies. I have a fair idea were the movies are coming from because his cousin lends them to him and buys him his own as well. And when ever i find them or my husband does we toss them out. But it does not seem to be enough we have put heavy parental controls on his laptop but he seems to be able to get around them. We are not sure it is like he is in a trance and does not even look or anything when we walk in on him. We have tried talking to him and he just tells us to mind our own business and that it is not hurting anyone. We have grounded him and took everything away but that has not worked. We are at a lose for what to do with him. Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:39 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• I mean you keep throwing the porn OUT...the porn keeps coming back in. Sounds like there's a general respect problem here too. Especially, for your son to be sitting there masturbating and just keep doing it even though he knows you're standing there behind him at the door or whatever. Wow, that IS SERIOUS. In other words, ...he truly doesn't care what you & his father thinks, obviously. I'm sorry if I'm a little blunt but....he NEEDS you now more than know! and more than HE knows as well. Don't give up. Get to the real issue. I know kids can get around the parental control stuff ...they know way more than we do about computers. But, there is software just for this for one thing. As for print materials, movies...well, it's going to take some real effort to solve this in your home. Start somewhere...alot of times just starting will lead you to the next step! GOOD LUCK!!!!
    KellyGirl_TX

Answer by KellyGirl_TX at 2:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You took away his computer and the TV in his room? ...to me that sounds like it would solve most of the problem.
    But if you truly believe he has an addiction then there is a different problem that is going on and he needs counseling.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 10:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• PLEASE don't get mad at me for my own OPINION moms but, I think he's just at that age and if he were having sex, he wouldn't need the porn, so I would take some comfort in the fact that he is probably not out there acting on his feelings. I can only imagine how hard it is for your family but just keep up what you're doing and talk to the cousins and their parents too about supplying him with it! Good luck!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yes i took away his laptop and his tv but we have walked in on him using the family room tv for it and he took his older brothers laptop when he was not home and did it then as well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Take his door off, take his laptop and put it in a common area of the house and call someone to get him som professional help right away.
    Anonymous

• Porn is a sin! Bring him to a Southern Baptist Church youth group! Maybe he should start dating?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• why arent you letting him masturbate? hes a 15 yr old boy. thats what they do. i masturbated looking at born when i was 15 too. its a natural human want or whatever, especially when your not having sex yet.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• go to newlife.com and get him a self help book Every Man's Battle, this could lead to really lewd porn,nip it in the bud and discourage his bad influencing friend,protect his heart!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:50 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Take the computer out of his room, make him go online in a room with everyone around. And taake the TV out of his room. he's 15. You have a say. GEEZ!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• he may find a wife if he attends a church encourage him to date he may be a young groom but it is better than letting this filth into his mind and the thought sex is all women are good for! It is degrading to both genders!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 PM on Sep. 20, 2009