Sex question

So I dilated early... 3cm at 30 weeks... My doctor told me I shouldnt have sex. but I never did ask why... Is it because of the semen? what about sex with a condom? I am 35 weeks now, and I really really want to have sex! just curious...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mostly because it will cause you to release oxytocin in your system~ a hormone that can start contractions.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• yeah if your that antsy about having sex talk with ur ob at ur nxt appt and then have him go over it.. lol wow your keen at having sex am 30 weeks and ugh i detest it hahah
    MyPrincesses421

Answer by MyPrincesses421 at 11:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Having sex can trigger labor, my doctor told me to go home and have sex when I was 2 weeks overdue b/c he said alot of times it will cause your labor to start. The semen has nothing to do with it and it won't hurt the baby, its the hormons you release that can cause your labor to start.
    amyrw

Answer by amyrw at 12:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Semen does effect your cervix by thinning it out. But yet again, just by having sex you release oxytocin which is your body's natural hormone which is similar to the labor inducing drug pitocin they use in the hospital.

So maybe you should hold off for a few more weeks, at least until 37 weeks when your baby will be fully developed. =]
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 2:11 AM on Sep. 21, 2009