My poor Little Girl.....

So last week my DD was pulling at her ears for a few days so we thought she had an ear infection so i brought her to the Doctors and her ears were full of wax and they couldn't see if she had an infection and she wasn't running a fever so I brought her back in on Friday morning to get her ears flushed and they still said no infection. So 6am this morning she woke up burning up 103.8 and I was freaking out so call the on-call doctor and they had us bring her to ER and sure enough she has a infection and she still has a high fever and just not herself what so ever. So my question is do I just stay up tonight to watch her and make sure that she is ok her fever right now is 104.3?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Why wouldn't you? Sorry but for me it would be no question. I would worry too much about the temp not going down, I would be giving her tylenol and motrin (as appropriate) to bring it down. I'm surprised that they aren't concerned with a fever alone being that high. If tylenol doesn't help try a luke warm bath.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have tried tubbies and we have been giving her tylenol and ya it brings it down to like 102 I do agree with you about them not worried about the temp itself. I am so worried about her. I just can't wait till 9am when her own doctor will be on and I can bring her in to be seen. Thank god I live across the street from the ER.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Yea stay up with her and rotate motrin and tylonal on the dot even if she's asleep give it to her. Also, if it raises even more or won't go down give her a cool bath (well don't clean her just get her temp down) You can buy these cooling strips for kid's fevers that stick to their head at walmart in pharmacy section. If you can't send someone to get those put cool wash cloth on her head; she won't like it, but it will help.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Putting a cool wash rag under her armpits may help too
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• aalternate, use tylonol the next dose time use motrin,i would keep an eye on her,if anything sleep with her
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009