What do/should you do when someone keeps sending you offensive political emails?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Block their emails. If it is family tell them straight up to leave you off their political mailing list.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:13 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I have the same problem, sort of... My grandma is constantly sending me crass stuff about Obama, I don't care if you like him or not....he is our current president and all the emails are sooo negative...I have asked her plenty of times to not send me them, and she still does, so when you find the magic words, let me know....
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 11:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• When you see the subject line.... hit delete
    Tell them "please remove me from your forwarding list".
    I have the same problem with both email and text msg'ing. I find the political and the forward or you'll have X years of bad luck, as well as some jokes that aren't funny and I just delete if the subject line has FWD on it anywhere
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:48 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Just keep on deleting them and don't reply. Eventually they will get the message that you don't want to read them. If they don't , just keep deleting anyway. LOL. People who send those e-mails might not get it though. LOL. Dumb. The ones that ask you to forward to 10 friends are dumb too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My friend does this. So everytime I get one I look for a website that is the direct oppostie of his views & sign him up for it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just reply back that you do not share their political opinions and you would appreciate not receiving anymore political emails. It's okay to be friends with, or have family, that you do not share their political and religious views. If that does not work, just delete all email when you see it is from that sender - or block them.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 12:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009