I live near the birmingham alabama area and i am in need of a crib for my son and because of a family death and other financial problems me and my husband cant afford a new crib right now. So if you or anyone you know has one il pay every thing i can for it. Just leave me a answer on here.

bamagurl1988

Asked by bamagurl1988 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Honey, have you tried looking on craigslist.com? if you just search for "baby crib" in your city, tons should come up. I know many people who have gotten really, really nice cribs on there for really cheap. Good luck, sorry I can't be of more help.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• We found one on craigslist.com (as mentioned above) for like $25 and it turns into a toddler bed so definitely try that route. At the same time, we need another one but can't afford one (or find one now on craigslist in our area) so we are substituting with a pack -n- play. You might find one of those to suffice for a while if you can't find a crib. Good luck to you. =)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• my daughter slept in a playpen until she was old enough for a real bed...this was back when they still made play pens lol You dont HAVE to have a crib really. Like someone else said one of those pack n play things would work. You could also try freecycle. Look it up on the net on yahoo. Just about every county/town has a group for it. You can request things & also put things up. There is no money exchanged (one of the rules) Try it! I've got some free stuff. Also got rid of some stuff other people needed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009