Is this trashy?

My fiance and I, both previously married, are eloping in Vegas. We are not dressing up, going to a chapel, or anything like that. We are getting married by the courts.

When my co-workers ask me about my wedding plans, they gasp in disgusted shock when they hear my reply.

What is wrong with this? Yes, we can afford a nice wedding, but why must we?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:23 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• nothing wrong with it. Go for it! We almost did :)

Definitely go for it. they're jealous
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:24 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• You do whatever you want to do. It's your wedding if you want to do it through the courts, then do it. Who cares what other people think.

Congrats on your wedding. Hope you both live a long, happy life together.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 11:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No. i do not think it's trashy at all. It does not matter HOW you are WED or even that you GET wed. What matters is if you enjoy that time that you have with whatever choice you make.

...my great aunt and great uncle new each other a total of 3 weeks before they ran off and eloped in vegas. ...imagine the kind of responses they got back in their time. ...
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:25 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• knew*

and btw ...they are now in their 60's, got married in their early 20's and are still together.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:26 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Not trashy at all go for it and have a great time while your there. If that's what you both want to do then that you two i would do it to. Never mind what others think of what your doing it's NONE OF THERE BUSINESS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:29 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• A big showy wedding was never my style. Both my sisters had huge weddings, but I just thought it was all show. I think it's all about you two and what you want to do. How fun is that, taking off getting hitched!! I think it's more romantic than a big flashy wedding.
    April0040

Answer by April0040 at 11:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I think it is what YOU and DF want that matters. If both of you are happy with going out of town and having a nice, private wedding, that is great. I think too many people are so wound up in the planning of the wedding and every little detail has to be perfect that they don't think about the marriage. The marriage is what is important. DH and i have always said that although we loved our wedding, if we did it again we'd elope.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well I see nothing wrong it as I have been married in a court, & I am far from trashy. Hope this helps you & do not let others offend you. It is your life.
    RebelRose69

Answer by RebelRose69 at 12:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I think it sounds romantic! Plus, you already both did the whole wedding thing (I'm assuming) . . . why do it again? It may even feel a bit embarrassing. It is WAY TOO EXPENSIVE if it's not something you want to do. I'm like April, I was never for a big showy wedding, to me . . . that's all for the guests, not me.

This is so romantic . . JUST THE TWO OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think it's great and you will have a great time! I would still dress up, but not necessarily a wedding dress . . . just something beautiful . . . because you'll want at least one picture!

Have a great time and Best wishes!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• They can plan their weddings any way they want. You should plan yours the way you want. Go to Vegas, enjoy your special day, and focus on each other. Congratulations.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009