Marraiges

DH and I have been trying to keep it together, we keep feeling like we're just not right for each other, we're great friends and great parents but no affection toward each other, it's weird I know (no, it wasn't always like this but what we did have was short lived) I'm preggo and in school, and he's going back to war soon, and his kid lives with us and has probs too, so right now is supposed to be hard. We've decided to go to therapy after the baby gets here (so I won't be so hormonal lol). I'm worried we won't make it and how to start my life again. I'm also worried it will work out and then this will happen again. I need some encouragement either way. So if you have any stories about bad times in your marraige or how to deal with stuff like this, I'd be happy to hear. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:28 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• my husband and i went thru some hard times not too long ago. it seemed like you say, no affection we were just two people living together sharing a bed. we barely talked like we used to . we were both unhappy, we went to therapy and just when it was getting better it got worse. its all up and down. and sure it might be a long time before it gets better im talking months of on and off happiness, but dont give up it sounds like you both have a lot of things going on you with school and him leaving, just talk and say i love you. do you love him? does he love you? focus on the good things in your relationship.its all about communication. i know is hard. and it might happen again and it might not. marriage is about taking a chance. look within your heart for answers.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 11:52 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• bite your lip and persevere and pray every night and do not compare him with other men!
    I am in for the long haul not just for the fun times! A lifelong mate!
    yes it is a struggle just find comfort in the Bible!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• If your marriage is tough do not let other men know put up a strong front! Do not fall into this trap!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• YOUR KIDS WILL THANK YOU ONE DAY, kiss your hubby 3 times a day!!! I will if you do?lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I've felt that disconnection, and it does come back once in a while, but we keep working on it, keep trying to find something together and more often than not, it all works out for us :)
    You've got a lot on your marital and home plate right now and I'm sure that's adding a lot to the problem.
    I've found that touching each other (not necessarily sexually) helped us a lot. something about the human touch, touches the heart I think. Pat on the back, touch on the cheek, holding hands, jsut touching skin to skin in some form seemed to reconnect us.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 12:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009