How to beat the blues

I get so depressed in the winter time starting in the fall. It's starting to get dark earlier and I'm already blue. I'm preg. so I can't go to the tanning bed or take anti depressants like I normally do. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Health

• I just got back from the er with bad news but I know coming on here and helping someone else makes me feel better.You should hang out with pregnant ladies on here and talk with them daily,like a support group.If I was pregnant again I would read and sing outloud to my baby and do math with them.They have baby in womb learning stuff,you could be doing, it might pay off someday.I would also be making homemade foods and store them in the freezer,so all you have to do is thaw and serve when baby comes.I'd also get all the onsies and clothing and goods ahead of time so your life with baby isn't stressful and frustrating.Good luck to you and congradulations!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Seasonal Depression? Aw!

Keep your chin up. Surround yourself with people you love.
    Works for me when I'm feeling blue. I hope this helps.

Good luck.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 11:34 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Don't Isolate yourself. Call SOME ONE every day, a friend, nieghbor, mother, father, sister, brother, I don't know who you can call, but try to find at least one person to have a conversation with besides the people you live with once a day. Doesn't even have to be the same person every day! Try to get out and enjoy a little of the sunshine while you can, try to spend at least 30 minutes outside (weather permitting). Sit outside and read a book, watch the birds, anything. Find you some good upbeat tunes that make you feel good, sing along! Start a project like scrapbooking or anything that you enjoy doing for fun!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• join the YMCA and swim everyday!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• try a new activity that is calming such as yoga or meditation...it would be good for the pregnancy too!
    ready_for2

Answer by ready_for2 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Eat a plant based diet, with lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009