My baby girl does not enjoy any of her toys labeled appropriate for her age.

I don't blame her either, they seem awfully simplistic. Is it bad to purchase a toy made for an 18 month old for an eight month old?

girlneffy

Asked by girlneffy at 11:33 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just watch the pieces and make sure she can't/doesn't hurt herself. Every child is different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Buy her what you think she likes.
    With 8 months my daughter also played with 18 months and up toys. Just make sure they have no loose small pieces that she could swallow.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 11:36 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• get her a leapfrog, my 22 mo. old loves it! they are the older variety
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• No it's okay as long as it doesn't or can't harm her in any way. If she needs something else go for it. I bought toys for my son, and still do, that are not from his age group. Just make sure it's safe, which I'm sure you will.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 11:38 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• The age classifications for toys are labeled as such for 2 reasons: either safety or mental capacity. Unfortunately, sometimes it is hard to tell if the toy is labeled by age or development. If you do buy toys that are beyond her age limit, just take some extra time to make sure that they are safe. My son was given a toy labeled 18 months for his first Christmas at 6 months old. But it was an Elmo steering wheel, and there were no safety issues that I could see, so I let him play with it when supervised. It did take him a little bit of time to learn how to use it, but he loved it.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 2:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• oh no,not bad at all,i baby had all kinds of toys.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just buy what she likes as long as it's safe. My son has toys of all ages... he loves this one that is for 6 months olds... and has others that are for 2 year olds (he's 14 months)
    We just find things he likes (he's into music toys and toys that he can put other things into)
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009