Irratic Sleep Patterns

Our 14 month old daughter is a joy and goes down for naps with little resistance. We set her in her crib, turn on her Fisher Price aquarium with her bottle and dollies and she goes down for a good 2 hours. HOWEVER, when it comes to night time sleeping, she wakes up constantly, cries, and occassionaly throws up as we set her down in her crib. Now I know she does that to keep us in the room or have us come in and I am the 1st to admit I rocked her to sleep for the 1st year of her life. I could not let her "cry it out" and I still struggle with it. Is this normal, I mean, could it be a bit of her teething (which she is now up to almost a full upper and now the rest are coming in at the bottom jaw) or is there something I am doing to contribute to this. Either way, we are BOTH not sleeping ... any recommendations. I can take the truth so please ... any help would be awesome!

MamaMae08

Asked by MamaMae08 at 11:43 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My daughter was the same way... When I laid her in her crib for nighttime I turned her fisher price aquarium on and sat down next to the crib on the floor... Then I patted her on her back or held her hand til she fell asleep. It took a few weeks but then I just had to lay her in her crib and she knew it was ok to go to sleep by herself.
    I'm also not a big friend of the "letting your baby cry herself to sleep", I never did that to her.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 11:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I wrote a very fun aromatherapy article. This might help.

http://www.greendivamom.com/2009/06/03/aromatherapymonster-spray-and-other-cures-for-sleepless-nights/
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i think it may be the teeth, i still rock my 15month old and this last week she has been up all night,but she isnt acting fussy.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009