When will a test pick it up?

If I got pregnant on September 18th, when should a home pregnancy test pick it up?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• 2 weeks... waiting sucks. some women don't have the hormone hcg in their pee in high enough concentration for longer. 2 weeks is the rule of thumb. don't drive yourself crazy waiting. have more sex to pass the time!
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 12:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• earliest would be 10 days after that but that' s still kind of early. most likely 14 days after that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You are supposed to wait 14 days (the 2 week wait). With my first it took the full 14 days to show up but this last time I got my first positive at 10 days after conception with a test from dollar tree (they are only a dollar so I bought 10 of them so that I could test a lot since I have no patience). It was barely visable but there none the less. 11 days after I got a positive with a digital test.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The earliest is usually 9 days after conception, and that's pretty rare. Around 12 days after, you should be getting accurate results, but the easiest way to use the minimum number of tests is to wait until you are officially late and then test.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 11:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009