What do you think?

My SO and I have been together for 4 years. We are perfectly happy, but everyone is thinks its crazy we are not married. We do want to get married one day, but right now we are both happy the way it is. We have a 2 yr old together and I adopted my cousins baby who he treats as his own. Why do people keep pressuring us and giving us disgusted looks that we have been together for that long but not married?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:51 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• IDK.

Look at Goldie Hawn and Curt Russell. They are happy.

Do what you want. Ignore the people who insert themselves into your life.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 11:55 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Because they're idiots. So you did things backwards from the way tradition says we should... big deal, it's your business. I'd rather see people live together happily unmarried than living together fighting all the time and miserably married.
    I'm blunt, so I'd likely just tell them that we plan on getting married when we feel ready, and not a moment before then.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 11:56 PM on Sep. 20, 2009

• Tell them to stick it.
    roningirl

Answer by roningirl at 12:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's not their business.. Look at Gene Simmons and Shannon Tweed.. 24 years, 2 kids and going strong..
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 1:27 PM on Sep. 21, 2009