Does your b/f baby spit up multiple times per day?

Mine never did but for the last month or so all of a sudden she does...she'll be 4 months old on Thursday. She's still gaining and happy but I'm just wondering if this is normal.

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well mine does all the time, and it could be from gas, an upset tummy, etc. My son also spits up when i suddenly swich formulas( i dont know if youre breast feeding or not) Also im not the best person to ask but this is just my experiance. you should ask his pediatrition. good luck=)
    ladypyro

Answer by ladypyro at 12:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This might sound strange, but recently I found out my one year old has a milk allergy. He was 11mos and still spitting up. Called pedi and she said to try Zantac - he should be outgrowing spitting up, so she thought it was a tummy problem. He developed a rash about 2 weeks later. After many doc visits, frustrating calls, and a blood test, he tested for a high level of milk allergy! Pedi said the spitting up, constipation, and other things were symptoms, but it was only one thing at a time until the rash. I just figured it was normal weird baby stuff. Ask pedi.
    mama2000_1

Answer by mama2000_1 at 12:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If she's teething, sometimes the excess saliva can cause spitup.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it happend to me,i had to stop feeding her and burp her then feed her some more then bur p her, just burp her more during feedings
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 2:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i had to burp my son more often until he learned how to burp on his own.
    it could be anything from teething, to excess gas, to a milk allergy. make a food log to determine if it might be something that you're eating.
    mommytobobby

Answer by mommytobobby at 9:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2009