can someone here tell me what the average amount of money I would have to spend in utilities for a house rental in central florida?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Travel

• It depends on many factors. My house is 1500 sq ft and my electric runs $300 to $400 a month. I turn the a/c up when I leave in the morning and turn it back down only when I need to. I have friends who have a very small house about 750 sq ft, they are both unemployed right now and their electric bill is higher than my bill is. My friends run the a/c all the time.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 8:16 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• op here,

do you leave the a/c on all day? how about gas and water, are those expensive? i'm just trying to see if it'll be worth me relocating to Fl. Thanks for you help.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I just had a conversation with my Mother about this. She lives around the Tampa area and she was complaining about her electric bill because it was $180 which is more than it had ever been. She has a stick built home with about 3,500 sq ft. She does run the air conditioner all day around 68. Then as far as gas she had never had to deal with gas. Everything that she has is electric. Her water is about $80 for two months. Do you have a certain area in mind because you might be able to get a better idea of what your bills might wind up being.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:08 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• It also depends on what area in Central FL you move to. There are a few different electric companies and they seem to vary quite a bit in their bills. Where we are we have Florida Power & Light. We have a 1600 sq ft house and a pool (which also makes a huge difference). Our largest bill is around $250 our lowest is about $170. Friends of ours that don't have a pool pay between $100 and $200 depending on how much the a/c runs. Water is separate too. Again some places are more, some are less. We pay about $90/month for water. Yes, the a/c runs all day. You would just die if it didn't. We don't have gas in our home, so I can't help you with that one. Keep in mind that jobs are scarce around here these days, so make sure you have one lined up if you decide to come to FL.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 23, 2009

• OP here. im thinking about lake mary or longwood, fl. i'm looking for work now, mostly hospitals, there are some free standing facilities that I looked at as well. I was looking at the crime rates in these areas and they seem ok. i'm used to living in an area where nothing happens, like from a scale of 1 to 10 crime is at 1, so i was wondering if these areas are anything similar. oh and thanks about the bill averages. that helped tremendously
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 24, 2009

• Lake Mary and Longwood are nice. Far enough outside of Orlando to avoid all that bad stuff that goes on there. Nice homes and good schools there too. Good luck on your job hunt.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 9:34 PM on Sep. 24, 2009