can someone here tell me what the average amount of money I would have to spend in utilities for a house rental in central florida?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• It's going to depend on a lot of things, size of the house, whether it has gas heat / water heater, stove, etc, or whether it's electric, or whether it's a mix. It's also going to depend on what utility companies you have in your area.

BUT - I know that usually when we've rented a house, we have been able to contact the utility companies and get a quote as to what the average utility bill was for the house in question for the year before.

The Rental Agent should be able to give you the names (and probably the phone numbers) to the companies in question, They should also be able to tell you if trash is included in the water bill.

gl!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 12:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP here, I havent decided yet if i should move to florida, I'm trying to see if its worth moving there. If I get a job down there, I could get paid anywhere between $22-$25/hr, so i'm trying to figure how much I can afford. If we do move there it would probably be in a rental that is 1200-1600sq/ ft.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just to let you know, Florida's unemployment rate is rising quickly. My father in law lost his job and the only other one he could find is completely across the state. He is having to stay in Sarasota for the week and drive back to Deerfield Beach on the weekend.
    luvmybabieskna

Answer by luvmybabieskna at 6:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Wow, I'd like to know what type of work you do that pays $22 - 25 an hour. I'd also like to know where in Florida you plan on finding this job. I've live in Florida for 29 years. There is very little industry here and most jobs are service jobs that average pay of $10 - 12 hour. My friend works for the dept of Labor. Florida has the highest unemployment rate in the country for those with college degrees. I know - I have 2 college degrees - one in business and the other in medical along with a medical license. I've been unemployed for 3 years and still can't find a job. 1 out 4 friends are unemployed currently. We all have education and at least 10 years experience in out fields. Florida ranks as having one of the highest unemployment in the country. I also know professional people that have settled for $8 hour jobs because unemployment ran out.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• OP here, i'm a Radiologic technologist, where I live i get paid $32/ hr. I interviewed and got offered a job in Florida last year and the offer was $24/ hr. I couldnt take it then because my dad needed me here, he's battling cancer. I only wanted to move there because all of my family is there, and we have no one where we live. But only if it would be worth it. I know that the cost of living is cheaper than where i live, but my salary would be lower as well. I just wanted to know if it would be worth it. I dont want my family to know about me wanting to move yet in case it doesnt work out.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009