why is my son crying so much?

he cries all the time. all he does is scream and scream and then he gets real loud. it so annoying. its driving me crazy.

missymom09

Asked by missymom09 at 12:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• You don't say much, so I went on your profile. Is your son teething still? Maybe pain is causing his crying.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 12:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You might wanna try to rule out ear infections or teething pain. Little ones don't have the ability to tell us what they are feeling so they scream and cry, especially with the two things I mentioned. Other than that, is it maybe he is testing his limits and trying to get his way about something? In which case you should take him to his room calmly, tell him, no and walk away. You can't give into tantrums. Good luck!
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 12:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ok he calm down bit but I can tell he getting ready to start again. He is teething little bit but he just he is very tired he wants to sleep but wont..... and some time all that crying can drive person mad!
    missymom09

Answer by missymom09 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would try some tylenol and see if he stops crying and naps. My son wouldn't sleep when he was in pain. Teething was usually the culprit.
    JawgaMom1

Answer by JawgaMom1 at 10:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It could be an ear infection. Does he seem to have a fever? has he stooled recently? my son gets terrible gas pains - also - I THINK my son gets growing pains.. he went through a good 2 weeks where All he did was whine and cry all day - but he's 22 months and could say "elbow hurt" leg hurt etc.. so I can still onyl guess that was what it was and there's not much that can be done for that -warm bath? tylenol?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 10:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Try some tylenol and some baby orajel for the teething pain. That can be brutal pain on a little one sometime. And like I said before call the doc, look into the ear infection thing if he doesn't calm down after a while.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 2:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009