4 yr old night owl!

My precious daughter who is creative and VERY stubborn has always been quite a night owl! Before age 2 I did not work so we had a causual schedule as far as bed time and waking but since age 2 her and her older brother have had a very routine bedtime. Her brother is 16mos older and did use to be kind of a night owl but he typpically is asleep in 15min while many nights she is like a energizer bunny! She just lays there talks and sings, even has little tea parties! SIGH

Well she is now in a all day Montessorri School so I was concerned about her sleeping schedule with this new schedule. I am also in school all day now too. I am not sure what to do with her...I refuse any meds so what are some natural ways to help her? Poor thing is exhausted and crabby. We have been doing that night time baby bath and it seems to help! I am hoping as she gets more accustomed to her schedule she will sleep better. ADVICE?

hill2

Asked by hill2 at 12:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 2 and 3 year old are both night owls also! They have gotten themselves into an earlier bedtime, by their own doing. I've helped alittle by giving baths (like you already said) and reading stories and just relaxing. From talking to other moms, I've found that just like adults have specific times of day or not they like to be awake, so do kids. I wouldn't worry about it, when she gets tired enough, she will go to sleep. Advice? Well, I didn't help very much with that one huh, lol. The only things I can tell you are the things that I've tried whenever they are sleepy. Play soft music, give nightly baths, and hang in there, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Make sure she takes short and early naps. My DD was like that as well, until my DS started pre-k...she is 2 and DS is 3. It will become a routine for her, also make sure night lite is on, but no t.v. Good luck mama..it gets easier : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2009