My husband, why are men frustrating?

My husband has been a grouch all day, and he says he doesn't know why. Well he went to the store tonight to get a couple of items and he hasn't come back. I know he will come back eventually. But how do you deal with you husband, when he is just being a butt, for what it seems to be no reason at all. It seems to happen every fall, when football season starts. He just grumps up. He gets to watch the games all day long, so I don't know what his problem is.

TBandNCmommy

Asked by TBandNCmommy at 12:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• LOL. My husband is just a butthead sometimes, I'm not sure why. Usually it's something small and he doesn't want to mention it and seem "petty", lol. When you find out why men act like this, let me know, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 12:32 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• he needs you to perk him up!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I try to perk him up, I try to make jokes and everything. I try to lighten things up, but I feel like I am a comedian working a dead crowd. LOL
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 12:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• awwwe just persevere
    keep smiling
    newlife.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• does he watch the games at home..or do you let him hang out with his friends away from home??..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• With my husband and I, sometimes we just need a little space. If he is being that way, I just make myself scarce. I don't ignore him and I am not mean, but I don't go out of my way to make him feel better. We all have bad days, and sometimes just need to work things out in his head. Maybe he gets really emotional about the winning and losing. Let him clear his head. He will be back to his old self eventually, and he might appreciate the space you gave him. Good luck, we all go through it.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Ah, it's that Y chromosom defect at work. It really kicks in during football season.

I'm really glad I work Sundays now that football has started.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• He doesn't have friends who are into football, I wish he did so I could send him away. Oh I wish he had friends that were into football.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is just every year around football season, almost every Sunday until it is all over, he seems to wake up in a bad mood and is cranky. I am just not ready for it this year.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009