Could this be?

I get these pains in my lower back, they come regularly 10-15 minutes apart, sometimes they get to 8 minutes apart and then go back to 10-15 minutes apart..They kind of feel like cramps but I don't know how to describe the pain. I had a little bit of bloody mucus friday and thats when this pain started and hasn't stopped since.
So my question is, could these be contractions? Like back labor or something? I have pains in my stomach sometimes when i get these, same time, same length of time, if that makes sense.

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 12:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I should add, I'm 38 weeks and 3 days.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes, its possible that it is back labor.....try getting some water and eat something and take a little walk around the house. Does it get worse, or better? If you're still having pain, it just might be time. Good Luck :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes it could be early labor. Like the poster before said, try drinking some fluids. Or, I've been told to eat something I really enjoy and rest while laying on my left side. It reduces the uncomfortable sensations that false labor has.

But it could very much be back labor, you neverr know which way your little one is facing. =] And you're really close to your due date so, dont be afraid to go to the hospital. They won't think you're crazy if it isn't real labor, they'll know you were just worried about yourself and your baby. Do what you think is best.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 2:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009