For Formula Feeders...

Ok I know breast milk is best, but I wasn't able to breast feed (I could never produce enough and eventually got discouraged and gave up.)
But for all you formula feeders, what kind of formula do you give your baby? What kind of bottles do you use? And how many ounces do you feed your baby?
I use Similac Isomil Advance because the regular milk formula was too harsh for my DD's tummy. We've been using Dr. Brown's bottles, and we just got some of those cool Playtex bottles that are angled. She's only 4 months old and already getting 5 ounces!
For all the BF moms out there, this is just for fun, and like I said, I already know that breast milk is best, so no bashing or negativity please!

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Enfamil lipil - Nuby bottles. 4 oz.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We haven't tried Enfamil, but Similac is what I had when I was a baby (I was adopted as a newborn), and so that's what we use. I'll talk to her dr about Enfamil when we go on Thursday because she is spitting up a lot!
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 12:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Awww, Similac made him spit up so much! It was to the point where he wouldn't eat.
    A friend recommended it to me, its been working great so far. He is 7 weeks. GOOD LUCK!
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 12:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• we used the avent bottles and i used the sams club brand formula with my 2nd daughter.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I didn't know Sam's Club had their own brand...though that makes sense. Costco has their own brand for EVERYTHING :-p
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 1:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Similac Advance. Avent Bottles. DD ate about 4-6 oz every 3 hours. DS ate 8 oz every 3 hours.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I used Costco's brand Kirkland after I stopped nursing at 4 months and she had no problems with it. Of course, every baby and their tummies are different, so try what you can until you find something great. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh, and I used Playtex bottles with Drop-Ins.
    Anonymous

• Similac advanced shield.. which is suppose to be most like breast milk.. i had the same problem and my pediatrician recommended FF because she lost so much weight.. she now takes 4oz and she is only 4 weeks old.. I use soothie bottles which are the same shape as hospital pacifiers and advent which are amazing

SweetPea102689

Answer by SweetPea102689 at 1:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We used the Kirkland brand from Costco. The doc said it was the best for the price. We used the cheepo bottles from walmart. I don't think they even had a brand, you could buy them individually or in a four pack. DS didn't like to suck real hard and those nipples had slightly bigger holes than the rest (and were cheap to boot). Also really liked the vent-air bottles but DS didnt like how hard he had to suck and would just stop eating... not fun when your little one eats a LOT.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009