8 day old and her shakes?

I just had my baby on sept 12. and she was in the NICU for a week(today is my first day to have her a whole day) and she jumps almost when she sleeps. like shes scarred, and everytime i touch her when shes asleep, she very jumpy. is this normal? im a first time mother, and my husband doesnt know why she does this either

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes, its a normal baby reaction, she is probably just a light sleeper at the moment and will settle in as time goes by. All is fine Im sure :)
    SuperMomof3kids

Answer by SuperMomof3kids at 1:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's normal both of my kids did that when they were born and every newborn that I have ever seen did that.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This is totally normal. All babies are born with this reflex. It is called the Moro reflex that causes babies to startle. What isn't normal would be if your baby didn't do this.
    tamale102280

Answer by tamale102280 at 2:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Perfectly normal. Baby will outgrow this in time. I suppose you can chalk it up to a brand new nervous system. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009