LOL do you ever tell the devil no thanks?

You know how in cartoons or sitcoms there is that little devil guy sitting on one shoulder saying come on do it, and the angel guy sitting on the other one saying be nice?

Have you ever had that experience on CM?

I am a normal Christian. Struggle every day with temptation. The last few days I have really wanted to lash out at a few nasty post. I have the response all typed out and instead of submit I hit refresh. I hear God saying is this really the best response? so I just let it go. This happen to anyone else? You want to say it but you know the Christian thing is to move forward?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I probably should do that as well, back down so thank you for posting this.Its just some of these so called Atheists are just plain out Anoying and I dont want to deal with them bashing other people's POSTS! ugh..but I need to just pray for them and thats all I can do!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• sometimes ...except i'm not Christian.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well I there are few Christians I had to delete my response to so I am sure it goes across the religions in even ways.

Just a second ago, I swear I was talking to that little devil guy . LOL not literally but I looked at my shoulder and said I shouldn't do it.

I didn't see a red man on my shoulder because I would be seeking help as we speak. LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• yes but more in my life than here. prayers for all CM 'ers
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• When I start to feel that way.. I go elsewhere :-) I usually wait a while before I say anything. It is better to act rather than react.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• That's just common decency you're feeling. You don't need a little demon on your shoulder telling you to treat people the way you'd want to be treated yourself.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 7:57 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Shaneagle777
    When I start to feel that way.. I go elsewhere :-) I usually wait a while before I say anything. It is better to act rather than react.
    ___

Kind of like that count to ten rule :) I should start having the little angel count to 10
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:51 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I USUALLY tell him no thanks. Lately I've been more blunt than usual because I currently have a lower threshold for rudeness due to already being emotionally spent on a few things going on in my life right now.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 8:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• RhondaVeggie
    That's just common decency you're feeling. You don't need a little demon on your shoulder telling you to treat people the way you'd want to be treated yourself.
    **

This was kind of a nonsense, fun type of question. I don't really have a little devil on my shoulder and if I did the devil would be telling me to treat people the way I DON"T want to be treated
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i tell my little devil yes yes all the time :)
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 10:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009