PLEASE READE ASAP!!would my doctor be able to tell if i was further along in my pregnancy?

april 7th was my first ultrasound and they told me i was 9weeks...then my 2nd and last ultrasound was june 3rd and they told me i was 17weeks and 2days...so as of sep 21st i will be 33weeks! the reason i ask if my doc could tell if i was further is bcuz i believe i conceived while on my period but i know some believe that is not possible my doctor agrees with me that i did conceive while on my period but i would just like to hear from other peoples views....my period started feb 1st me and my husband had intercourse on the 2nd 3rd and 4th usually my periods last 5 or 6days but that period ended ont he 4th after having sex after that i never got my period again..i went to the doctor on march 6th and they told me i was 5weeks pregnant! me and my husband have been trying for this baby for over a year...i just want to know can my doctor tell if im further and would i be able to tell?also my baby is not head down when should he be?

mommy2be1109111

Asked by mommy2be1109111 at 12:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You Dr. can give an educated guess as to how far along you are by measuring the size of your uterus and the size of your baby. It's not exact. Baby's normally turn head down between 28-32 weeks, but I'm sure it's possible to do it later. Good luck and Congratulations!=)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• They can't really tell. That's why it's call an estimated due date.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i would say that yes, your doctor knows exactly how far along you are, because of the ultrasound. they can tell by weight, height, and development. and ideally, yes the baby should be head down, but it is not uncommon for the baby to turn at the last minute.lol little stinkers. i wouldn't worry. congrats BTW! best wishes!

katamike

Answer by katamike at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Ultrasound dating isn't necessarily reliable. Let me ask this...does it really matter when you conceived? It shouldn't...unless you were doing something you shouldn't. **grin**

Due dates are not reliable either...they can be off by two weeks. The pregnancy wheel assumes a cycle length of 28 days and MANY women don't have that length.

So the asnwer to your question is yes...and no. The doctor can estimate. But it's only an estimate.

USUALLY it is NOT possible to conceive on your period., Sperm can survive for 3-4 days in your system. So you could have ovulated as late as the 8th.

Expect baby to turnaround shortly.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well thank all of u for ur answers.....and no i was not being naughty lol this is my 1st pregnancy and im nervous that if they are not right with how far along they think i am i could go into labor early i guess i just want to be fully prepared but i guess u can never be......and im 33 weeks as of the september 21st and when i lay down on the couch and watch my belly my baby will stick out from the left side to the right usually its very hard right around my belly button i think its his butt but then when he moves around ( and he moves A LOT) i dont know what it is if its his arm or his leg or whatever it is but its usually hard on the left side and on the right side its like if it was his foot or elbow or something im just worried hes not head down everyone keeps saying he has plenty of time to turn head down its my 1st pregnancy im just anxious!! i have a dr app tomorrow so i can get all these concerns off my chest ;)
    mommy2be1109111

Answer by mommy2be1109111 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If he still has that much room to move around you're still a ways off! When delivery time comes near, he'll be a lot less active because he won't have as much room.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Then can tell approximately using the measurements from your u/s. the first date was just a estimate going by your last cycle. Yes you can get pregnant on your period i did in fact with my 1st born. Iw as young and naive i heard you couldn't get pregnant on your period or in the tub well haha i was in both. sorry tmi!!! All people ovulate at different times. Hope that helps and not all babies come into this world head first. good luck
    mama23almost4

Answer by mama23almost4 at 1:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is possible to conceive on your period. I did with my first child. The period was a normal one and I didn't know the difference until my next period was very light and ended up being implantational bleeding from the baby finally attaching itself I guess.

But it's possible.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 1:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i would defo go with ultra sound as they guess by the measurments of the baby , your doc will only work it out by the dates you give him/her
    happymam2b

Answer by happymam2b at 6:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009