adopt this child or not?

I met a lady over the internet who is trying to give her baby up. I would only have to pay to get the baby here with no agencie involved she is from another country. She said the baby really needs me, she couldnt afford the baby and needs to give the baby up this week. What do you think i should do? i feel so bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Adoption

• What country? Cameroon? It is illegal to adopt that way from there. There are alot of scams going around. If they ask to send money before you see the child, do not do it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I honestly think if you are leaving this up for a question on cafemom... then you definitely shouldn't even consider adopting a child... The whole situation doesn't sound right to me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is not that easy to adopt a child from another country. If they say the only thing you will have to pay for is a plane ticket for the child to come to the US, then its most likely a scam to get money. It doesn't work like that. Just letting you know there are alot of scams like that. Be very cautious and never send money without proof and a lawyer/lawyers involved.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• sounds like a scam to me. But maybe you aren't giving all the details.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:09 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• yes cameroon
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• With the information you provided definitely sounds like a scam...or, if not, definitely shady. Before you do anything else, I would contact an adoption attorney.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• there are plenty of children here who need a good home. Why not become a foster parent? It's a way to meet and bond with a child before deciding on whether to adopt them into your family.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This whole situation just screams "SCAM"! Don't do it. How did you even find this women?
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If it is from Cameroon, it is 99.999% chance a scam. You cannot adopt like that from that country. AT ALL. They just want you to send money. If you send money, they will be gone. Lots of Cameroon scams.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There are so many hoops you have to jump through for international adoption. This is a scam honey. Stop all communication with her and, if you are serious about adoption, consider really doing some research with a reputable agency.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 1:28 AM on Sep. 21, 2009