I'm tired of being judged on the way i decide to raise my daughter!! (vent/question)

I have a 10 mth old daughter and have decided to premake her food instead of using gerber. I also feel like its very important to give her healthy foods for a long time and introduce her to sweets and things later, around 2 or 3 unless its bday or something. In the end it builds better eating habits for her in the future. SHe has been on a schedule since she was a mth and it was worked amazingly, she is really a goooood baby. by no means am i trying to keep her from junk and stuff its just that i would rather her know whats good and if she chooses later to eat crap then thats her decision. BUT I get so much crap from everyone, i'm tired of it!! I never ever ever push my opinions about raising children on anyone. And its seems like just cuz i dont wanna feed her cookies and let her try ice cream at 10 mths then i'm horrible. she gets all she needs from whats shes eatin, she hasnt tried ice cream yet but i give her frozen grape

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Giving your baby a nice treat once and a while won't hurt, however, I think your point here is to introduce the nutritious foods first, to establish a good palate, and then let the other things be treats. I agree! Treats should be treats, not given so frequently that they're an expected food source which only ends up with kids going on strike at the dinner table when you actually want them to eat healthy, because they're holding out for the "good stuff" lol. Good for you mama!

You somehow gotta make it clear that you're the mom and that you'd like food selections run by you first. You don't have to explain yourself to them just tell them that you don't want your kid to eat that and take it away.
    NovemberLove

Answer by NovemberLove at 1:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow i commend you for this!!! i want to try to also avoid sweets with my daughter, who is 6 months. i feel kind of bad, because i do let her lick my ice cream sometimes, and give her a little taste of frosting off of a cake slice. i hope its not too late!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• keep going momma! sounds like you are doing a wonderful job raising your beautiful little girl and you shouldn't let anyone else make you feel bad!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• lol you are just not fun to be around, my honest opinion! this kind of mom ruins strangers fun of relating to your baby! but that is up to you? personally you are gonna burn out mama! this is overboard imo! makes me feel inferior to think you 1 up us on your special diet thing,lol honest but blunt sorry
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• my baby likes carrots really here ya go
    oh no only if they are sweated over and frozen and labeled and packaged and and and...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• food freaks drive me crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Good for you! I dont' agree with the anonymous post that said this is ruining your child's chance to relate to strangers!. We are supposed to teach them not to take food from strangers, aren't we? Why would anyone want to base their relationship witha child on candy and sweets?
    kimitzoe

Answer by kimitzoe at 1:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is all about your comfort level. If you are comfortable doing what you are doing than you should do it, because in the end you are the one that has to deal with the decisions and mistakes that you make when raising your child. There are no bad decisions, you just make one and make it the right one. You are going to have a healthy child that will end up being a healthy adult, and that is what matters in the end. It isn't the course of action you take but the resolve in which you take it. Be strong and grounded in your decision, and your daughter will grow up not only having a healthy mind and body, but a strong resolve like you did.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• your baby would probably benefit from the calcium in icecream, if you want to worry worry about the swine flu vaccine!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• or BHO opening up our Missle Defense System,and having a nuke thrown at us!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009