I was abused on myspace, what should I do?

So there's this girl who I knew from high school. She is 16, she's pregnant, and uses drugs/drinks. I started to be friends with her when we reunited after high school. She told me she was considering abortion, so I shared some things with her, offered advice, etc. Then she started posting bulletins about drinking/drug use. I asked her if she was still pregnant, she said yes. I wrote her a message that was firm, but not mean. I simply told her that her baby could end up with tubes down their throats and developmental delays if she continued to be selfish. Well, today I got a message that stated I was a fat c**t, and my daughter was a ugly, dirty n***er. I cannot believe her! What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• You should block her and leave it at that.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You opened yourself up to her reaction by giving her your reaction.

Delete her as a friend, block her, and move on.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Delete her as a friend, block her, and do not talk to her again.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Ignore her, block her account and move on. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped. I feel really bad for the baby, but in reality there isn't much you can do. It sounds harsh, but it's the truth.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 1:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Block her as a friend on my space, if not cancel your account on there an open a new one up using another e-mail address and don't provide to much information to where she can find you again. Before you cancel tell everyone on your friends list that you are canceling by doing e-mail to them and provide them with the new e-mail address to where they can find you when you do put yourself back on there rather than you finding all of them. I wouldn't give her much bother, she's obviously all messed up and doesn't want anyone to help her, i know it's sad to say but the baby is her problem although you want to help and lord knows that the baby deserves a better mother than that, your only able to do soo much. So good luck hope this helps
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• There isn't much you can do sad to say. You can just block her or simply not talk to her delete her from your friends list. Hopefully she will change how far along is she? Maybe once she sees the baby in a u/s she will have a wake up call. Hope its not to late by then.
    mama23almost4

Answer by mama23almost4 at 1:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You can report her, then block her. I learned you just never say anything. Some people need a very harsh dose of reality.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• If you're still wanting to get through to her and maybe help the unborn child, simple reply(eventhough it hurts) "I understand that you're upset and most likely confused, I'm sorry if I offended you but I just wanted to help you and the baby and let you know there is a better way." Attatch some local numbers to planned parenthood or other teen pregnancy help places. Then block her and thank god that your daughter is healthy and you had enough respect for yourself that you've not ruined two lives at once.

You're above that insult and so is your child.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 5:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• And by the way, if she doesn't fail to stop the drug use or drinking, when the baby and placenta are tested after she delivers, her baby will go in to state custody if it has any traces of drugs in it's system.

My brother's fiance's nephew was just taken in to state custody because he was born addicted to heroin. No one knew, but he was taken in to state custody until his grandparents legally adopted him. He is healthy and happy now. While the mother is in jail and pregnant again, within two months. Some people never learn but they do get their own dose of karma.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 5:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You both sounds immature. Block her and move on. Why are you friends with a 16 year old anyway?
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 7:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009