uhm i know loosebowel movements are normal when your 37 weeks but this is WEIRDEST thing i have ever seen... ssoooo TMI..but its weird and im very concerned someone please any advice at all???

well i have had to go #2 2-3 times at day and i just went right now and ( i wasnt about to touch it or anything!) but it looks like there was a tail of hair or soemthing of the sort at the end of each one and it was pretty long and thick so it wasnt actual hair but omg it was so weird i dont know WTH to think about this one!! i KNOW this isnt normal has anyone heard of this?!?!?! could that mean something or is there something wrong with me!?!?! i think i need to call my doctor im seriously grossed/freaked out here...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• describe it to your doctor. im at a loss for words!
    Bernie19

Answer by Bernie19 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Hair or mucus strings, maybe. Yup, tell the doctor and see what they say.
    Itchellebe

Answer by Itchellebe at 1:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow i just called labor and delivery and they were startled too my dr gets in tomarrow i suppose ill call her but omg i have never seen or heard of anything like this! its deff not mucus it kinda looks like hair but its now! its like a string type of thing but thicker omg so gross and scary
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What's in the poo all depends on what you ate in the past few days, did you eat a cat? lol just kidding, trying to lighten the mood, but honestly your pregnant, you allowed to take a wierd shit evey now and then, i honestly wouldn't call the doctor about your hairy poop unless it continues. good luck
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• The only other thing i read on the internet is that it could be possibl a food allergy that can cause a brown hairy stool and the advice they gave was to get a food allegy test that was from www.medhelp.com hope this helps as well.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well as disguisting as it sounds i just dead a poop disection thinking i may have had worms and it was aspargus my husband made the other night LOL im ssooo sorry ladies and thanks for the advice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have had this before after eating shredded wheat. But if you haven't eaten that, it could have been mucus. Your body is desperately trying to "clear" itself and prepare for labor so odd stools around this time are really common.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 1:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LOL.
    You made my night, anon poster. <3
    I'm glad you figured it out though.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• LOL thanks sawyer apparantlyi made my husbands and his moms too lol its ok though funny weird scary momment! learned from it though! i will never eat aspargus again! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2009