Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child support question(s)

So my son's father has never been there for my son.We were never together though. He does have a son from a previous relationship and I don't think he cares for my son. My question is how would I go about obtaining child support? I am only 16 so would I have to bring my mother? What is the process? Will he have rights to my son?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

Answers (1)
  • go to the court house in the town ur baby was born.they may ask for a dna test if he didnt sign the birth certificate,but if the baby is his he will have to pay for the dna test. he will have visitaion rights only if that whats u want.

    Answer by angelairelan at 2:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.