did you know u were pregnant before u took a test?

i knew i was! i started having lights cramps and hot flashes, a few days later no period... tested and i was!

how did u know or did u???
what were ur symptoms in the first few weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Not a clue! LOL I had been trying for months and was actually on Clomid for three months in order to get pregnant. Had taken two previous pregnancy tests - both of which were negative and figured the third would be, too. Got the faint second line, ran the store to buy another test and took it again. Got another faint second line and was afraid to hope. I looked at that darn test all day, expecting the line to disappear! I had no symptoms, seriously. Not in the first few weeks. Not until about 8-10 weeks, if I remember correctly, when I got SO tired, I swore I would never be functional again! I couldn't remember a time I wasn't tired and I couldn't imagine a time that I wouldn't be tired. Second and third trimesters were a totally different story, but the first was fantastic!
    amy5272

Answer by amy5272 at 1:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• umm u never know but i may have an idea u are.
    lifeisgreatbut.

Answer by lifeisgreatbut. at 1:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yep. I knew I was pregnant before i even took a test. In fact, I was so sure, that I didn't take one until almost 10 days after my missed period. :P And I only took it to prove to my hubby that I was.

Cramps were my HUGE clue. Then it was very very light nausea, then sleepiness.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:07 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We never preveneted yet never tried.... and every month DH would say "did you start yet?". The month I found out i was, I already knew but didn't want to just in case i was wrong! DH is convinced it was me holding a newborn that got me pregnant so (lol) i'm "not allowed" to hold newborns anymore! But I was over a week late and he came up to me and said "you haven't gotten your period yet!" We went right down to the store and bought a test, came up pos immediately! No faint line either.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 2:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i did. i noticed my boobs were harder and a slight bit bigger/ heavier. my boyfriend even noticed it thats why I took a test
    moon_n_stars

Answer by moon_n_stars at 2:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I knew! I just felt different lol! So I took a test and sure enough it was positive! I called my doctor and I was like 3 weeks and 5 days preggo.. lol!
    mntsmith2008

Answer by mntsmith2008 at 2:55 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes! Same as K Sawyer, i knew before I had even missed my period. We weren't trying & we always used protection, but i just had this feeling i knew something was off with my body. tested about a week & a half after my missed period & sure enough the EPT said 'pregnant'! it was such a shock, even though i had that feeling & it still took into my second tri to get used to the idea, but now we're happily awaiting her arrival!!
    Wheepingchree

Answer by Wheepingchree at 9:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009