I'm tired of being judged on the way i raise my daughter!! (vent/question)

I have a 10 mth old daughter and have decided to premake her food instead of using gerber. I also feel like its very important to give her healthy foods for a long time and introduce her to sweets and things later, around 2 or 3 unless its bday or something. In the end it builds better eating habits for her in the future. SHe has been on a schedule since she was a mth and it was worked amazingly, she is really a goooood baby. by no means am i trying to keep her from junk and stuff its just that i would rather her know whats good and if she chooses later to eat crap then thats her decision. BUT I get so much crap from everyone, i'm tired of it!! I never ever ever push my opinions about raising children on anyone. And its seems like just cuz i dont wanna feed her cookies and let her try ice cream at 10 mths then i'm horrible. she gets all she needs from whats shes eatin, she hasnt tried ice cream yet but i give her frozen grape

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• heres the truth,when you make a stand such as this you might make some moms feel like they arent doing a great job,its ok not to give your baby bad things,my son is not allowed to have koolaid and i hate it when i hear he has been given capri sun and he is 3,but regardless its ok to be extra caring about what ever you wanna be,maybie you care about feeding her healthy and another moms is very touchy about being really clean,while others are touchy about how they talk around them, what ever you pick is ok never feel bad,if you wanna do all healthy its your personal way of being and guess what ITS OK! :) great job.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• you have control issues?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• AUTHOR: continued......and she loves it. She gets sugar and stuff from what she eats, she doesn't need to have a chip or candy. Everyone acts like i need to be in a rush about giving her these things, its not going any where. when i make her food I dont add any seasoning or spices but i do cook it as if it was for me, on the stove. I feed her normal stuff like adults ex: spaghetti, chicken & veggie soup, broccoli, cheese and chicken etc. except its whole wheat pasta, organic etc. Diabetes runs in my family and I just want to teach her that u dont always have to add salt or have extras for somehting to taste good. its all in moderation. SOOO....is there anyone that feels the way i do? Do you get slack for what u do or how u decide to raise ur kids? and What should i say to these people? again i would like to reinerate that i dont judge anyone on how they choose to raise their kids, its not my place.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• AUTHOR: If your gointo be immature about it then don't answer and if your to afraid to speak your mind then don't say anything instead of being anonymous. some people are acting as if i'm afraid of death and scared of everything. i just want my daughter to be healthy, which alot of people these days aren't. i'm not perfect, just doin what I think is best. What is the big deal? geeeez! and i never said i wouldn't let her try those types of foods i just said not right now.
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• please give her a bite of your sundae next time? What is the big deal?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• loosin up mama, they gotta grow up and this is something fun and harmless enjoy this time do not fret it1
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's your decision what you give your child to eat, and you feeding her a healthy nutricious food so it's nobody's business to get into your business...
    Just one thing for you to maybe think about... When i was growing up there was a boy in my class at school and also in my swimclass. His parents were living a really healthy lifestyle and the kids were not allowed or given anything sweet or that contained sugar. And this boy in school was getting on everybody's nerves. Whenever somebody took out a cereal bar out of their lunchbag he was all over that child begging to get a bite. I also remember that boy using his weekly pocketmoney just at the supermarket on pounds of candy. Whenever he could get his fingers on any candy he overate.
    It doesn't mean that this will happen to your child but I think a popsycle or a bite of candy won't hurt a child - but your child is still young and at 10 months she shouldn't have any candy yet
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 1:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• did you know their are chemicals in paper diapers, just thought I would help you move on?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:12 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It is more important you spend time with your baby than you spend time with her vegetables!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It's very awesome you decided to give her healthy food. I gave my daughter vegetables for three months before I ever gave her fruit. I never gave her the gerber desserts but real yogurt. Right now she doesn't need any artificial sweeteners. With that said, as long as YOU yourself are eating the same way I can respect it. I don't respect people who expect their children to eat a certain way and then they don't. My neighbor expects her children not to drink soda, but she will sit at her computer with a 2 liter of Pepsi...they are 4, 7, and 9....at least give them Sprite, so you look less hypocritical.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009