Is this shallow?

I have what I consider a big problem. I can not stand it when my dh does not get his hair cut. He goes for months without a cut and it drives me insane! So much so that I have no desire to be intimate. The thing is he know this and does nothing about it! When I say something about it he get this hurt puppy dog look on his face and that just pisses me off even more! Then he acts all surprised that I have said anything at all.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• No it's not shallow.. He should want to keep himself groomed for you. Has nothing to do with loving or not loving your dh, that is a given. But being able to still be physically attracted to him is a different story. He should want to still take care of himself just like you try and take care of yourself. Being married is no reason to let one's self go.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 11:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ok..I dont think its shallow at all! In fact, Im a hairdresser...and letting your hair grow out but keeping it maintained and groomed is one thing but i see plenty of men who let their hair grow out and it is a unruly mess by the time they come in for a haircut!! The neck hair gets all crazy and grows every which way, the hair on top begins to look dorty and gross and bed head becomes even worse, so its super hard to even make it look good, so not I dont think this is a shallow thing at . Being that I currently work in a salon that mainly caters to men, I have to say ..men can be cheap and will try to hold off as long as possible before paying for another haircut. if he makes apts. you may want to schedule them for him and if not , most men are suppose to get their hair cut every 2-4 weeks and if its a longer style, say something with a part..then maybe 4-6 weeks.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well.. I don't know if shallow would be the right word. I really can't think of a word for the situation, only that it's kind of weird? :]
    Why doesn't he get his haircut? Is it because it takes too long? He doesn't like the hassle... he's just.. too lazy?
    Maybe if you get to the root of the problem - he'd be more willing. Like, maybe schedule it for him. Or that can be your guys' "hair cut" day. Just set a day out of the month..or two and both of you can get a cut/trim.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What if it were the other way around. Would you like it if he didn't want to be intimate with you because you let your hair grow long, and he likes it short. Why not just accept him for who he is. Your HUSBAND
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I agree with anon:10.. why do you make such a big deal over a haircut? My husband goes through phases of where he wants shaggy hair, then he wants short. I don't see what the big deal is. I love him just the same.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Yes, it is shallow!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009