Would you add your EX as a friend on facebook or anywhere else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• yes....why wouldnt I. The one ex that I keep denying is the one that inevitably pops into my life somehow every few years claiming he made a big mistake and wants me back. I dont need all that. lol.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 1:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Just one - and he's already on there. We parted as great friends, we kind of.. rebounded with each other. It was a very weird and bizarre love triangle we found ourselves in.
    Other than that, no, not really. They all either ended badly, or we were too young and if they added me now.. it'd be kind of awkward..
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 2:02 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have a few of my ex's on facebook.. many I do not. The ex's I do have on facebook are there because we became very good friends while dating and even though things didn't work out romantically between us, still value the other's friendship. The ones I do not have on facebook are not there because I don't consider them worth my time and they were horrible to me.
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 2:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• No never no way no how, he is my Ex for a reason and i want nothing to do with him. He did however contact my best friend and ask her about me, funny really he didnt seem to care when he was screwing around on me and then i left him but now 17 years later i am happily married and he wants to know how i am...hmmmm let me think about this NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS.

Karma is a really nice thing, seems mister cant keep his pants on has had two divorces and broken off 3 engagements lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I have a few of mine on there. I didn't really part on bad terms with them, so why not?
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 3:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It would depend on the ex, how long it had been, why we broke up, what kind of friendship we had other than the romantic aspect of it, and how closely they wanted to keep in touch.

I have a guy I dated a long time ago for a short time as a friend on my facebook. We were friends, we dated for a little bit, then we went back to being friends. We lost touch over the yrs and haven't talked in about 15 yrs - it's been almost 20 since we dated. He happened to see my name on facebook and saw we were stationed near him and his wife. Unfortunately, we were moving too soon and not able to get together. Btw, when I say get together - I mean him, his wife, me, and my husband. My dh knows he's on there and has seen everything that's been written, and, as far as I'm aware, so has his wife. But we only actually respond to each other's facebook stuff like maybe once every couple of months.

cont
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• cont
    Now, my dh declined a facebook friend because she was his ex - it had ended badly (she cheated on him, got pg by someone else, then didn't tell him that was why). After a couple of yrs, after she had married the guy who got her pg and after we were married and had 1 kid, another on the way, she decided she wanted him back, she made a mistake, etc - and she ended up stalking us for like 2 yrs.

Now, again, that's been yrs and yrs ago (we've been married 17 yrs, and this was early in our marriage). She found him on facebook, but, under the circumstances, he doesn't want anything to do with her, and I can't blame him for that.

So, like I said, it really depends on who, what happened, when, why, and what sort of contact it was :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• On my Facebook I have just 1 former BF. I requested him as a friend just to see if he would accept it and he did. We have yet to instant message on Facebook...
    We were great together back in the day... but he had a temper and I refuse to be with a guy who punches holes in the walls. If it weren't for that one thing we would be together right now.

Any of my other ex's forget it
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 5:59 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• well i have one serious ex (we dated for 4 years)..and we had always promised eachother that we would stay friends, and we have...my dh knows about him and we call eachother from time to time to see how its going...nothing serious, i know he has a great g/f and i have a wonderful husband...no problem
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 7:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• It depends on the ex. I have a couple on my Facebook and my Myspace, but one is a guy that we were great friends both before and after our relationship, and the other is the guy I dated all thru high school, and we stayed friends. My ex-husband, on the other hand, there is no way in hell I'd ever add him. I have some other exes that if they requested, I'd probably add them, b/c we were friends outside of our relationships, but I don't go searching for them. Aside from my ex husband, I think I only have maybe 2 other exes that I wouldn't add, just b/c the break ups were not very pleasant and I see no reason to be in touch with them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009