why is it ok for them to say? PIOG

Long story short my son's father has never been there. He goes in and out of our son's life. I decided I've had enough and am trying to get his visitation revoked. His family tells me how I am a typical white woman. I heard enough tonight and said you are a stereotypical black man who has children and doesn't take care of them. I was so mad but they told me I'm talking about a culture I know nothing about. Why is it ok for them to say things about my race?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Relationships

• his sister told me I am a single mom by choice. She said you wouldn't expect a sperm donor to support the child. You are no different. You are a typical white woman who got pregnant by a black guy.How ignorant. I did not go to a sperm bank. I was with his father in a relationship. Our son was not planned but I am doing the best I can here. I've just had enough
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• we do have a visitation schedule and support already set but he doesn't pick up our son. He hasn't picked him up for 2 months. Some months it's once a month, sometimes none, sometimes three. He's been more absent than there and had asked 3x before to sign over his rights
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Do not let what his family has to say get to you, if he was white and dead beat father you would be doing the same, race is just an easy thing to scream when you are not getting your way, you need to let your opinion for your child be what drives you not what they will say or try to say, you have a legit reason to take away visitation the constant in and out is harmful to your son, if his family can not respect that then they are not looking out for the child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Ok that's just ignorance, I don't care what race you are. Black or White, a man should take care of his children. Don't let them get to you, keep doing the best you can do! Good Luck!
    jillisue808

Answer by jillisue808 at 8:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2009