Since when do mental hospitals take CRIMINALLY INSANE patients out on field trips?

And most importantly, WHY THE FUCK SHOULD THEY? Hello! CRIMINALLY INSANE PEOPLE SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED OUT OF THEIR DAMN CAGE!

My local news channel had a story abotu a criminally insane patient who escaped during a FIELD TRIP TO A FAIR WHERE THERE ARE INNOCENT PEOPLE. They blame security but I personally blame it on being a really stupid and brainless idea.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 2:22 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Nice to see our tax dollars paying for criminals to go to the fair right? I saw that same thing. I was so angry! I'm pretty sure they are sent away to be punished, and that used to mean no cotton candy for the psycho killer.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• this wasnt the first time he escaped during a field trip, he did back in 1991 also. they found him a few hours from my house and even closer to my best friends house, I am not a happy camper. Idiots running the hospital need to be locked up if they cant make intelligent decisions regarding their patients. I said the same thing you did "why isnt this guy in a hospital for criminally insane?" My god he killed a woman and then set her body on fire he needs to not be going to the fair!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:36 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well I know that if you claim that you're mentally insane on the stand you'll immediately go to a mental hospital rathe than a prison. Which is retarted. Because if a person is mentally insane what the hell good would a hospital do them anyway? They need to be locked away especially if they killed someone. Our fucking state is just run by a bunch of pussies! Yes. Washington. Great job Gregoire!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:38 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• ok where did this happen? my mil is a head nurse at an insane place and i have never heard this before.
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:41 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• And then he went on to saying they need to do something about security. pfft! How about NOT TAKE THE PSYCHOS OUT AT ALL? DUH!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• lol Imogine I feel your anger trust me, I live in Oregon near the washington border, DH works for the state and I have never seen two states as screwed up as Oregon and washington. DH would agree with you about the pussies he works in an area that is being hit hard by the idiots who dont want to worry about public safety.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Even the patients brother was amazed they took him out, The part that really amazed me was he packed all his clothes, his money and his guitar and took it with him when they left the hospital! What did they think he was going to do with all his belongings in his bag...wait let me think... OH THATS RIGHT ESCAPE!

OH OH AND.........The guy has his own myspace PAGE! Apparently he is a musician! Great so now he can stalk people online too!
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:56 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We have real geniuses in our state don't we?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 10:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• We weren't allowed outside PERIOD when I was at my hospital. We were required by law to stay indoors. Imagine, no fresh air, not even an open window, for 7 whole days. Of course, we weren't criminally insane, we were just regular old mental ward patients.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 1:56 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I live in Washington too. Saw this the other day. Fantastic. He's said to have an interest in West Richland. I live in Richland. Fantastic.

Like I need ONE MORE thing to freakin worry about. Ugh.
    sweetheart1985

Answer by sweetheart1985 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 21, 2009