Fat Smash Diet and Bloating

I've heard great things about the fat smash diet so am trying it out.. the first 9 days is the hardest because it's detox.. I'm still in phase 1 (detox) I feel like I'm constantly bloated! I look 3-4 months pregnant! Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• I'm not sure about Fat Smash, but when I changed my eating habits and went from mostly processed/white flour food to salads, steamed veggies, chicken and fish, I bloated insanely bad!! Turns out I wasn't drinking enough water between meals (coffee is my drink of choice), so my body had a hard time digesting all the fiber. I upped my water intake and added more protein/less veggies and it went away in about a week.
    Also, I drink a 16 oz glass of water as soon as I get up (don't chug it or sip it - just drink it, try to be done with it in under 5 minutes). I do this every day and it's like a reverse colon cleanse - lord you wouldn't believe the stuff that came out :-)
    plylerjones

Answer by plylerjones at 10:20 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• oh good to know thanks sooo much! it makes sense.. I tend not to drink enough water :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I never heard of the smash diet but, I did hear about detox and colon cleansing. I've always wanted to try colon cleansing but i thought it costly and scary. I didn't know if I would be going to the bathroom so often I would have to take the week off.

i recently opted to do a detox body wrap instead. Have had wonderful results with that.
    BodyWrapMama

Answer by BodyWrapMama at 11:10 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• yea whats that diet? im curious im not currently on a diet but do kind of watch what i eat but i need to start something because i can tell im starting to look prego again eewww
    lydiamama

Answer by lydiamama at 1:39 PM on Sep. 22, 2009