How would you feel if...........

you found out your 15 year old sister had been hiding a relationship with a 21 year old for the last year? This is the situation my husband is in. He is very upset and doesn't want anything to do with the guy but his parents have decided they are ok with it and invite him to everything. You also have to remember that my husband comes from a very strick religious background. He got kicked out of the house when he was 19 because he was "dating" me which consisted of going to movies with the youth group on saturday night. Now they have invited him to the family reunion knowing how my husband feels. They invited him last year but we ended up going. Well between now and then they have broken all the rules his parents set and were caught giving eachother hand jobs. So basicly everything he said about the guy has come true. I hope that all makes sense to everyone! Thanks for your opinion!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is statutory rape and she is too young to be making rational decisions on dating someone that old. Children need to be children as long as they can. A 15 year old might think they are and want to be mature enough to handle such a relationship but in truth, the majority of them just arent. They need to be young and enjoy being young while they can. Adulthood and all the responsibilities that come with it, will come soon enough. Someone needs to step up and do something about it.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My opinion is that you guys should call the police, because what is going on is Statutory rape, and it doesn't matter if his parents are okay with it. She is a minor and needs to be protected, and obviously her parents aren't doing it. 15 in any state is against the law regardless of parental consent.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:33 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• wow im in the same kinda mess but not the age ,my hubbys parents were so strick with all their kids and now with his sister they have even let her boyfriend move in,omg he is so mad idk how to comfort him,whats sad is they were never religious but now they are ,does that make any sense? i almost think people give up on their last kid.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Whoa! What are her parents thinking?! Are they even aware of his age at all?
    I blew a gasket when I found out my daughter was maintaining contect through text and cell phone calls with a boy who is now 19 years old and was 18 in high school last year (he graduated last year). We told her to stay away from him back then and when I found out she was sending him pics and texts over her cell phone I sent him a message from me. He kept sending texts to her so I called him and he was rude and sarcastic. I told him if he had ANY contact with her again I would call the police on him. Haven't heard from him since, but my daughter is extremely angry with me.
    Why are little girls so eager to grow up and why are some parents turning a blind eye to certain things their little girls do?!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I agree with the first Anon.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 8:58 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was in the same situation with my daughter when she was 15 except he wasn't but 17. My husband and I was divorced and when I blew my top, she moved in with her dad and he let her do whatever she wanted so he wouldn't have to pay child support. She ended up breaking up with him when she found out he was doing drugs and he and his mom knifed her car seats up and her rag top. She married someone else.
    I would call the police!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• First, calling the cops is a ridiculous idea. Why do people think that everytime an older guy likes a younger girl he is automatically accused of rape and marked a bad person. If your husbands sister is being pressured into doing somethng she doesn't want to do, or if your husbands parents do not agree, that would be time to alert the authorities.
    I think your husband should try to talk to his sisters boyfriend, and maybe try to find positive qualities in him. He could definitely let the boyfriend know that he does not approve and it would give the boyfriend incentive to show a positive attitude and try to win the trust of your husband. Good Luck with everything!
    hannahfoy

Answer by hannahfoy at 1:34 PM on Sep. 21, 2009