to go or not to go?

I am 37 weeks pregnant with my second child and I am having pretty strong contractions about 5 minutes apart. (enough that I cannot sleep). I am sitting here debating on whether to drive all the way to the hospital tonight because I live 45 minutes away and I have a dr appt in the morning anyways. I am not having any blood or leaking waters yet. Should I wait it out or make the drive? any thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor and ask what they think. I personally would go in, but you gotta do what YOU are comfortable with.
    Rebecca7708

Answer by Rebecca7708 at 2:37 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Based on your labor before if your water broke now would you be able to make it 45 minutes to the hospital?
    Laura_Cruz

Answer by Laura_Cruz at 2:42 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Well last time I had contractions two minutes apart for two and a half days before my water broke but my son was breech and ended with an emergency c section so I don't know what to expect this time. I am going for a vbac.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:47 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• btw I had a dr appointment a week ago and I wasn't dilated yet but cervix was very short, soft and thin and baby was at -2.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:48 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Call L&D and ask their opinion before you drive there. They can give you the best advice in a time like this. If you feel you need to get checked to feel better, than just go. Better to be sfe than sorry.
    mntsmith2008

Answer by mntsmith2008 at 2:50 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Page your doctor and he should tell you whether or not to come in.

If you don't know how to do that, call your clinic number, listen to the voicemail and it should give you instructions.
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 5:44 AM on Sep. 21, 2009