Child Support payment question

My ex and I went thru the whole setting up child support deal late last month. The order said that he was to start paying on Sept. 4th. He has paid every week like he's supposed to but I haven't received any of it yet. Looking around online I have noticed people say it takes 4-6 weeks to start comming to me. What i'm wondering is when it does start will I get all that he has paid or will I just get one weeks payment at a time and it'll be 4-6 weeks behind all the time? With him paying the amount to the state and me not getting it its hurting both of us since I'm having a hard time buying diapers and such and he doesn't have any extra to give me because he mailed it in. He was told to mail it in weekly until they started taking it out of his check if that matters any.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in General Parenting

• Odd. I would call them and ask. Even if the person who answers gets a little itchy, it's not fair to him that you are not getting the money. They really f-ed up here. My ex paid in 45.00 and I only got 4.50 because someone typed in the deposit transfer as 4.50. It's really crazy how they do it here. I don't know about where you are, but the money is taken out of his check, sent to one place who puts it on a card.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 3:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• They do the pass thru payments here also. I asked about the card that I was supposed to get and they said I would get it when he made the first payment. So not only am I not getting the money when i do get it I have to wait for the card. He's a truck driver and considered self employeed so they said it would take a few weeks for it to come strait out of his check. I know for a fact he has paid it though. I mailed the money order for two of the payments myself but even the child support website doesn't show a payment from him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I pay my husband's child support online. When I make a payment, it takes about 10 days before that payment is sent to his ex. We have many payment options, including weekly, bi-monthly, or monthly, and which one I choose depends on our finances. If I can only afford to send a partial payment, than I pay weekly. But if I have the whole months payment in the beginning of the month, than I just go ahead and pay it all at once. But either way, it always takes 10 days before they send her the payment.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:21 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh, and she gets the full amount of the payment. I pay an extra $5 each time I make an online payment, and if the payment is over $300, the clerk of the court will take out $5.35 as a processing fee.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 9:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I would call and check, I am able to see see when our Attny General's office gets the payment, I get it about 7-10 days after it comes out of my ex's check.. From the date of our court order it took a few weeks for them to start taking it from his check, but I got the first payment 9 days after it came out of his check.
    Im sure that you'll get the whole amount, but I would call just to make sure nothing screwy happened!!
    GL
    AMsMommy212

Answer by AMsMommy212 at 10:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009