how do you keep clean the cabinets in your kitchen?

the outside, so they don't get greasy

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Home & Garden

• nope! mine are filthy they have old food pasted on it,the milk still smells but i can clean it cause the smell grosses me out,but too bad im only playing with you,ofcourse they are clean! lol
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:39 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• if you figure it out please let me know LOL, I have to wash them down every night as part of my routine otherwise i will have fruit punch, dirt smudges, peanut butter, or whatever else is on little hands all over the kitchen.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 2:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• it will be very hard to try and keep cabinets from getting greasy in the kitchen. mostly ( i think) it comes from frying food on the stove. if most of your food is baked or boiled you won't have any airborne grease to land on the cabinets. prevention i would think would be the easiest and immediate clean up when you do have a spill.
    and then just do a once a year clean up with hot soapy water with a good de-greaser on all of your cabinet fronts and tops.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 8:00 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I just clean up as things get on them like mentioned above.  I also use this http://www.colgate.com/MurphyOilSoap/products/spray on them regularly as well.  It's quick and easy and keeps them looking nice.

Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• This is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I use Dawn on a nylon scrubby. I've tried so many different things (both commercial and home made) and that works better than any thing else.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:36 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Warm water and soup dish detergent...and a brush. That should the trick
    BuzyMamma

Answer by BuzyMamma at 4:45 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I wipe them down like once or twice a week. They're ugly white finish so i dont have choice. I use Spic and span or Mr. Clean
    MommyTurtle1985

Answer by MommyTurtle1985 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I get a wet washcloth and use what ever cleaner I have a do it once a month part of my deep cleaning. I also take everything out, every once in a while I rearrange my cabinets to just for a change. hope it helps good luck.
    Tigeress444

Answer by Tigeress444 at 1:57 PM on Sep. 23, 2009