dumb question but im confused!!

ok, my son will be 20weeks tuesday..& in weeks that equals 5mo...but his "birthdate" isnt till the 5th. So, do I consider him to be 5months old tuesday at 20wks or wait till the 5th when he will be like 21wks??? lol thanks!

EthansMommy5

Asked by EthansMommy5 at 3:53 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I always did the day. it was easier for me to keep track. Do it however is easier for you.
    JacobsMommy05

Answer by JacobsMommy05 at 4:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i calculate by the actual date. So every 21st, my daughter is a month older.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 4:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i also calculate by the actual date its a lot easier that way
    SPC.armywife

Answer by SPC.armywife at 5:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• DAY OF THE MONTH. BECAUSE THERES 30-31 DAYS IN A MONTH, BUT ONLY 28 DAYS IN 4 WEEKS.
    mudgirl

Answer by mudgirl at 5:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I always went month to month. My son was born on the 3rd - if it was say the 10th of the month and someone asked I'd simply say "he was 3 months on the 3rd" or if it's closer to the end of the month like the 23rd I'd say "he will be 4 months on the 3rd". It was just easier to calculate and communicate that way. Most people think in terms of months and years anyhow - usually only the doctor's office keeps track of weeks.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:27 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Once my daughters and granddaughter turned 8 weeks old I began to go by months according to the day they were born on. It is so much easier on you and anyone who asks how old your child is. I counted their age in months until they were 18 months old and then would say they were 1 1/2 years old until they turned 2 and then I went by yearly dates in age. It is so much easier, but privately, when I wrote any milestones into their baby books I wrote it down to the year, month, week, and day...lol. But to people who asked, I kept it basic and easy. There is nothing worse than telling someone you have a 21 month old or a 28 month old...lol.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:25 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• She can be 5 months at 21 weeks...go from month to month.
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:03 AM on Sep. 21, 2009