What are somethings that help you sleep?

I am 21 weeks pregnant so I cant take any mediciane so what home remidies or whatever work to help fall asleep? I am having trouble sleeping and its annoying...

JacobsMommy05

Asked by JacobsMommy05 at 4:01 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Chamomile tea works really well!
    KaceesMom

Answer by KaceesMom at 4:40 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• stay busy all day so when it comes to bedtime you will be so exhausted you have to sleep
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• i masterbated, but then I found out you aren't supposed to use a vibrator or something. It worked very well for me though!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:13 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Actually I think you can take a small amount of benadryl. Or so my doctor says it's fine for me. I just wouldn't take it every night and become dependant on it. And be sure to ask you doctor if you can take it. It also helps a bit as your belly is stretching and itching.

I say try a good routine before bed. I get a hot bath, curl up and watch a little bit of tv or surf the net, then turn my fan on in my room and lay down and I'm usually out like a light. But I'm 37 weeks now and I've been doing the same thing since we moved in to our apartment about 2 months ago. =]
    zeroblivion

Answer by zeroblivion at 6:05 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• How about warm milk or a banana? Both have sleeping properties. Or you could try a drink called Gochi...it helps.
    Jillblue

Answer by Jillblue at 7:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• You know i still struggle with sleep too and it sucks so bad because when your up all alone by your self you have nothing but time to think..and if your anything like me you think about stuff you dont need to think about like what ifs and all that mess. So, there are nights that i will make some decaf coffee something about a nice warm cup of something always makes me relax and tired. You can also take some tylonel PM too. With that said...try not to nap during the day which i know is really hard and right before you go to bed take a nice warm bath or shower..drink some warm DECAF coffee or tea works just as good or if you drink niether you can buy some ovaltine which is real good tastes almost like hot choc. take some tylonel PM if needed and lay down watch some tv and you should feel tired in no time...if not well..youll see me on here all night..if u get bored we can chat. GL hun
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• What helped me relax and sleep was have quiet time before bed. Take a warm relaxing bath and then drink warm milk before bed.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:06 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• if you get desperate enough, tylenol actually does make a sleeping pill that is 'safe' to take during pregnancy.

otherwise, i would suggest an evening walk...fresh oxygen will help you sleep, then a warm bath and book before bed.
    Aurorasmom

Answer by Aurorasmom at 9:49 AM on Sep. 21, 2009