How to keep your makeup on....

with out it sweating off???? it happens even if i invest in mac, bare minerals, or the cheap stuff.... what do you do?

lindnrenn

Asked by lindnrenn at 5:52 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• after you've applied all your make-up...lightly spray it with hairspray: just hold an aresol spray can out at a distance from your face spray and kinda step into the mist. Also try not to touch your face often during the day and if your sweating pat your face with a towel rather than wiping.
    Ilovemychi

Answer by Ilovemychi at 7:30 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• As an esthetician and a makeup artist, I would never spray hairspray in my face - hairspray is sticky, toxic, and very drying to the skin.
    We use transluscent powder to set the makeup after application.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:45 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Along with PrttyMstng you can apply a face primer to 'set' the makeup before application. Use a blotter to remove any oil/sweat during the day.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 8:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I use Estee Lauder Double Wear or Double Matte foundation, along with a powder lightly dusted over my face and it keeps my makeup on. I also keep blotting papers in my purse to use if needed.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:34 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Nothing helps keep your makeup on like a good primer! I love the Magix Face Perfector from Avon. I even have oily skin and it helps with shine and my makeup lasts all day now! Its inexpensive too! www.youravon.com/dhullum use coupon code fsany for free shipping!
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 5:25 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• GET THOSE LITTLE BLOTTING PAPERS...THEY GET THE OILS OFF W/OUT TAKING THE MAKEUP WITH IT.....A SUBSTITUTE, BROWN NAPKINS
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 12:50 AM on Sep. 22, 2009