child in their own bed or yours?

does anyone else have a problem with their kids not sleeping in their room? my dd wont sleep in her room she always has to fall asleep in my bed then i take her to her room. and thats if i dont fall asleep either....i was just wondering if anyone elses kids do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DD never transitioned to her own bed. She's almost two and I have her crib set up as a cosleeper. Works great for us :~)
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 6:29 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My kids have always slept in their own beds. That's a hard and fast rule around our house - the parents bed is for the parents. I want my dh all to myself for a few hours every night!

Answer by missanc at 8:31 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My ds came home from the hospital and went straight to his own room and has been there since. Im one of those who has just believed that parents need a place that is kid free for time to themselves.
    But that is just my thoughts. My sister on the other hand was a firm believer in a co-sleeper for her ds until he was almost 3 yrs old and just has gotten him moved to his own room since she was having another baby (who btw she put right into his own room from the start she decided for this one..)
    I think it is a personal decision for whatever works best for each family. I do however, advocate for co sleepers to be used for infants and smaller children instead of being directly in the parents bed just for safety reasons, but Im not one to get on a soapbox about anything. Not my business.
    Melindakc

Answer by Melindakc at 10:24 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• try to use a t-shirt that you wear the night before and let your kiddo sleep with that and that should help because it will smell like you and thats what they sometimes need to fall asleep
    mamachef694

Answer by mamachef694 at 11:04 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• nope we moved them from the bassinet in our room to a crib in theirs when the started get more mobile which was at about 4 months
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:23 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• My son is almost 2, He sleeps in our bed... he's getting kind of big now so sometimes he sleeps in his toddler bed which is at the end of our bed. I don't really mind either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• Oh yes! He slept in his own room since he was 4 weeks old- but recently he's mastered climbing out of the crib with his blanket, toy, and sippy cup in tow. (Don't ask how he does it- I still don't know.) Anyway now mom and dad's bed is his too.

I agree with the above posters- I need one on one time with my husband even if it's only sleeping in the same bed! Too bad our son doesn't agree!
    Erica_Smerica

Answer by Erica_Smerica at 12:08 PM on Sep. 21, 2009