Question for Muslims

Are there any verses in the Quran or sayings in the Hadith that tell a person where they should or should not live? Historically, have Muslims been permitted to live anywhere in the world?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:26 AM on Sep. 21, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• O My servants who believe! Truly, spacious is My Earth: therefore, serve you Me, (and Me alone)(Al-`Ankabut 29:56).
    Muslims can live anywhere that we are free to practice our religoin! We have to follow the laws in that country and continue to practice Islam.
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 7:14 AM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I was wondering if you might watch this video, and please give me your opinion.  Please give opinion after watching all of part 1 and part 2.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAmpibSIKVE&feature=player_embedded

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 PM on Sep. 21, 2009

• I am Sunni, not Shia Muslim. But this guy seems like a hypocrite! He claims to be this devout Muslim, yet he was participating in illegal activities, he was not using his knowledge of the Quran to teach, but as he admits a personal gain of power and control over the other prisoners.
    He is saying this "demon" only went away when he said Jesus, "Why would Jesus help a Muslim?" that he beleives "Im Muhammed, the last prohpet" But Jesus is a prophet in Islam also, so why wouldn't Jesus help a Muslim? We are not supposed to worship and ask any help from anyone but God anyway!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 1:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• isra1986, The only way to God is through Jesus Christ. Your religion teaches that Jesus is not the Son of God. You religion teaches that Jesus did not die on the cross. So, why wouldn't a Muslim think that Jesus might not help them? You are missing the whole point of the videos when you say you are Sunni and not Shia Muslim. What does it matter if you are Sunni and not Shia Muslim? And, I think you need to watch the videos again. He called on God to help him. I think the testimony of Afshin is a powerful and beautiful testimony. The video gives much encouragement. I prayed that the his testimony would speak to you in a special way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:23 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• I disagree. The only way to God is through God. Jesus was created by God to be a prophet, he was saved from the cross by God and will return. Jesus is a highly respected prhopet that we as Muslims love and respect! The differences between the way that Sunni and Shia are completly different, I suggest you read more into their differences before you ask that question. You can kind of compare it to the ways that Cristians and Catholics practice. If you think that it is beautiful, good for you. But by your statement, you are ignorant of Islam so what gives you the right to pass judgement?
    So your intention was to "convert" me, not to actually get my opinion, which was what you stated was you intent?
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Whether or not I wanted to convert you...I still wanted your opinion. So please don't attack me personally. I am just doing what I am supposed to do as a Christian, and that is confess Jesus. If you don't like my message I bring...then just say no thank you. You don't have to call me ignorant, or any other names. Did I call you ignorant? No I did not. Your argument that Sunni and Shia are as different as Christian and Catholic is NOT a good arguement. Christians and Catholics believe Jesus is the Son of God, and Jesus died on the cross to take away the sins of the world. As for Muslims saying that Jesus is not the Son of God, then you make Jesus out to be a liar. For you to say that Muslims don't think that Jesus died on the cross....then you say Jesus did not take away the sins of the world. And, that means you say Christians aren't saved. Now, you can stop saying that you respect and love Jesus.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• WOW, you know nothing about Islam there missy.

TO US AS MUSLIMS do not believe that jesus died on the cross but that God raised him to heaven so he wouldn't die and come back on the DoJ. He is a great prophet to us. So don't even try to say that as muslims we do not "love him" because he didn't "wipe away our sins".

Not happeneing.

Shia islam and Sunni Islam is like comparing apples to oranges. SO YES IT DOES MATTER WHAT BRANCH HE CAME FROM.

Just because you feel it is your right to "preach the gospel" doesn't mean it's not our right to disagree with you. Fine should we do what we are to do as muslims and tell you the word of God as well? We are to tell people the word of God so that they may hear it and accept it.

I don't see the muslim moms on here doing that because WE RESPECT YOUR RIGHT OF FAITH but yet so many christiands don't do that.

Pity.
    AmmuJSE

Answer by AmmuJSE at 8:44 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• You wanted my opinion so you could somehow "make" me see the "truth?" Was that the intent of your original post to bait a Muslim and "change" them?
    Never called you ignorant or any other names, please re read. I said you are ignorant (Meaning you don't know about) Islam. I answered your question, you offended me by your words and the meaning behind them, I have no problm debating religion with anyone, but dislike having beleifs shoved down my throat!
    The Difference between Christains and Catholics is the same compared to Shia and Sunni. Christians have the similar core beleifs, but different practices than Catholics, just as Sunni and Shia do. You do realize that your view is not the only view. Jesus never said in the Holy Quran he was the son of God. Jesus did not die for our sins, we are accountable for living a sin free life and eventually pay for those sins.
    I love Jesus, as I love all the prophets in Islam!
    isra1986

Answer by isra1986 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• Dear sister Isra1986 , it is clear that this mom is not interested in your opinion, or in anyone's opinion, nor answer for that matter. What she want's is to preach "her" perception of God in hopes that the sin of the man in that video " would speak to you in a speacial way" ( oh, Please)

if I were you, I would walk away from this waste of time. because there is really no point to debate, nor any point in debating. she already made up her mind, and what she wants out of this. and answer is clearly not it.

I didnt' even bother watch the videos since I read your replies and her comments to it. and personally, I will not waste more time on here either. let's spend our time in something of more benefit to our faith, or our families for that matter.

You are such a wonderful beautiful Muslimah, Jazaaki Allahlu khairan for your efforts.

OP, what a manipulative roundabout way to preach a faith. shame on you. .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:02 PM on Sep. 22, 2009

• To the Original Poster,
    there is one hadith in Sunan Abi Dawood that states Muslims should not be living among the Kuffaar, however that is under the condition that they are not able to practice their faith.

it is sad to say that even countries that now claim to be Muslim countries, ristrict one's practices of their own faith. so the rule of thumb is: if you live in a country where you do not have the freedom to practice your faith or worship as you are supposed to, then you should leave it and move to a country or society where you can. other wise, if you abandon your faith in fear of where you live then: read Quran: 4:97

to the anon with the video. I agree with anon 9:02, sister ammu, and sister israa. Jesus IS our Messiah, we honor and love him. But God is the ONly God and dont' need to explain our choices to you. You have your faith, and we have ours. and I will leave it at that.

a blessed Eid my sisters
    proud2bmom3

Answer by proud2bmom3 at 9:18 PM on Sep. 22, 2009